Saturday 15 November 2014

Fun sailing in Dubrovnik at Uvala Lapad

I am glad so many of you, from all over the world, enjoy my posts, I get pleasure out of writing them because I remind myself of things that have happened (usually good) and I like to share experiences with others. I have one more thing to share from our sojourn in Croatia. Walking from the Hotel More along the footpath just above the sea on our way to the bus stop we passed this lovely lady. Stopping for a chat (as you do) I inquired about hiring a yacht for a sail. 


The net result was that we had an evening sail, with a very friendly and competent captain, who told us about the area and what was going on.  He kindly kept us in calm waters.
This is the boat we sailed in as seen from the hotel restaurant.

 As you can see I was quite relaxed!

This island use to be all rock but ages ago, when the Austrians conquered the area, they shipped soil to cover it and now it has trees. 

If you are out there and fancy a sail their web site is http://www.dubrovnik-sailing.com
An evening sail cost us around £90 which I thought was good value.  The customer service was brilliant!  Life is short and you have to enjoy the journey!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment